Thursday, October 17, 2013

Spoiled... In the Best Way Possible.

John knew that even though we had a super short week this week, mine was a little bit of a doozy, both academically and emotionally, and that sweet guy made sure I had something to celebrate the arrival of the weekend! Tonight, I got all dolled up, John picked me up, gave me a thoughtful little gift (I'll share it with you tomorrow... he never ceases to amaze and impress me!), and we went to Calhoun Corners- one of Clemson's (only) fancy-shmancy restaurants! As if our candle-lit dinner wasn't great enough, John said "You know what would be awesome right now? Spill the Beans! Hurry up and finish that steak!" I couldn't help but laugh- I wasn't even finished with dinner, but John's mind had already switched gears into dessert-mode! Usually, John is one of those people that can take a sip of a milkshake and call it quits (ugh, I know.), but he was speaking my language tonight! :)
My ideal date night: tonight! John's ideal date night: probably cheering on the Tigers in Death Valley with 80,000 of our closest friends! 
My ideal date night: tonight! John's ideal date night: probably cheering on the Tigers in Death Valley with 80,000 of our closest friends!

Everything about tonight was a surprise, and normally, I hate surprises (honestly, it's probably because I like being in control too much to give it up).  Tonight was exceptional in every way, though; it's definitely the kind of sweet and thoughtful night I'll remember for a while! 

31 days of girl growing up

No comments:

Post a Comment