Friday, October 18, 2013

Five on Friday: Beauty of Blogs Edition

Ever since my high school world history teacher (whom I still love dearly) introduced me to Bakerella, I have been hooked on blogs. I love the idea of everyone having their little corner of the universe to share thoughts, recipes, opinions, pictures, feelings.... From fitness to married life, from teaching to crafting, I'll read it all. This week, I realized a lot of my inspiration came from other blogs, so I had to share.

Five on Friday! Courtesy of Christina of Carolina Charm, Darci of The Good Life, April of A. Liz Adventures, and Natasha of Hello! Happiness
Five on Friday! Courtesy of Christina of Carolina Charm, Darci of The Good Life, April of A. Liz Adventures, and Natasha of Hello! Happiness

31 days of girl growing up

1. Football food. Tomorrow is going to be a long day of tailgate hopping, so I figured instead of making food that can only be for one tailgate spot, why not make a batch of something I can divvy up easily? Cue Christina's pumpkin dip shared 'round the world (when my mom makes it, she does the whole carve-out-a-dessert-pumpkin thing, but I'm lazy...) and Darci's Monster Mix! Well, technically, I guess it was Darci-inspired, because I wasn't able to make a Target run. I simply threw in peanut butter chips, festively colored M&Ms, candy corn (regular and pumpkins), and peanuts, labeled it "Monster Mix" and called it a night! Such easy, festive, fun, and most importantly, yummy recipes!

2. Pep Talk. I loved this post, entitled: "25 Things Every Woman Needs to Know." Some of this may seem a little cheesy or melodramatic, but I think there is a lot of truth behind the messages, especially the ones about gossip, shallowness, and self-worth. Also, most of this information goes for guys, too.

3. Is this for real?! Seriously, I need to know if "The Case Against Female Self-Esteem" is a joke or not. While the first paragraph of this post alone left steam coming out of my ears, I had to go on to read the comments, just to see if people would agree with this lunatic or not. Sadly enough, hundreds of commenters understood what he meant when he said things like, "If every girl was fired from her job tomorrow, elementary schools would have to shut down for a couple days, but otherwise life would go on as usual. If every man lost his job tomorrow, the country would collapse."

As if that wasn't offensive enough to this merit-based scholarship-earning, dean's list-making girl who happens to have a desire to teach children, the closing paragraph read:  "Girls don’t want the six-figure cubicle job, the shiny Brooklyn 2BR, the master’s degree, the sexual liberation, none of it. They want to be collectively led back to the kitchen, told to make a nice big tuna sandwich with extra mayo and lettuce, then swatted on the ass as we walk out the door."

Ew.

4. GameDay Rules. If you aren't a huge college football fan, you may not be aware that tomorrow is the second time ESPN is hosting College GameDay at Clemson this season! I'm beyond excited, and this little list of reminders posted on a Clemson site (no, not exactly a blog, but close) is great for any fan in Clemson this weekend!

5. Off the chain! Not at all blog-related, but I promised I'd show John's little surprise gift! While it is small in size, I know he spent time learning to needle-point so he could make me this key fob! He is simply the best guy.

SC flag plus my monogram in pink?! He knows me too well.  
SC flag plus my monogram in pink?! He knows me too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment