Saturday, October 26, 2013

High Time for Highlands

This week, John told me we were going to take a day trip to Highlands on Saturday. I'd never heard of the North Carolina town, but I'm so glad he was familiar with it, because it was adorable! Only an hour and a half-ish from Clemson, Highlands was the perfect place to spend the afternoon. John and I are both fans of scenic backroads- John especially loves driving the winding curves up the mountains- and our little journey was filled with those!
Of course we stopped at a pretty lookout or two on the side of the road!  
Of course we stopped at a pretty lookout or two on the side of the road!

I must admit, I was worried when I saw the very few signs of civilization on the way to Highlands, such as rundown gas stations and dilapidated (John's word choice, not mine) shacks, but once we got there, I understood why John thought I'd like it....

welcome hl

Because it was exactly the kind of place I'd like. Precious white chapels, lots of cute stores, multiple yummy-looking dining options... If I had to use one word to describe Highlands, I'd use charming. And I live for charming, so this place was right up my alley! What a perfect way to spend a fall day; I'm already looking forward to our next visit!

31 days of girl growing up

No comments:

Post a Comment