Thursday, October 3, 2013

"On October Third, He Asked Me What Day It Was..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eORqi-n2V0

"It's October third."

Sorry, guys, but if you've never watched Mean Girls, you need to, and if you've watched it but don't like it, you can't sit with us. Yes, that was yet another Mean Girls reference, and no, I don't regret it... That movie is a quotable classic, but with a writer as fabulously witty, smart, and all-around awesome Tina Fey!

I would say that whole thing was a digression or random tangent, but to be honest, I'm not sure where the heck I was going to begin with. I'm pretty much just bloggin' stream-of-conscious style tonight... You can thank this:

31 days of girl growing up

In case you're playing catch up, I'm attempting to blog every day in October (head on over to The Nesting Place for the low-down on the link-up) , even if it is just a silly post filled with trivial pop culture references!

Speeeeaking of trivial pop culture references.... I'm watching Glee for the first time in a really, really long time. And it's not the same. And not just because Cory Monteith is gone (although that is still extremely sad); things have gotten impossibly impossible. However, that didn't stop me from loving every second of Demi Lovato and Naya Rivera's rendition of "Here Comes The Sun".
sun sun sun

Okay, okay.... I'm sure all the traditionalists out there are thinking along the same lines as the show's fantastically evil Sue Sylvester, who congratulated the glee club for accomplishing the impossible: making her hate the Beatles. However, before being a hater, stop. And listen. And no, not to the first twenty seconds! Listen to the whole thing, and appreciate it for what it is: a lovely little cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlddBOcX3OE

Maybe I'm a total sucker for this kind of stuff, but I think William Hung could sing "Sun, sun, sun, here it comes!" and I would think it was completely beautiful, because the simple words are just so purely happy and make so much sense. Hope everyone else has had a sunny day today, too!

1 comment: