Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Back to School

Fall break seemed to fly by so fast... Too fast. Maybe it's because I have three papers due and two tests to take tomorrow, or maybe it's just because I'd rather be somewhere else, but today I just wasn't feelin' back in the groove. Where else would I rather be than the town where College GameDay is paying a visit in just three short days? Nashville, TN, the home of my Theta sister Martha. Although I couldn't be there to celebrate Martha's life with her family and friends, I showed my support in another way:
Wearing my letters. 
Wearing our letters.

One of my best friends from Wofford, Alana, is studying abroad right now, and she was very close with Martha. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for her to find out the news while so far away, but she still managed to write a beautiful post about it here on her blog.  Her message to embrace life and live each moment is so fitting, because truly, "the now" is all we are guaranteed. Here's to remembering that in the the midst of happiness and sorrow.

[1 Corinthians 13 
1 Corinthians 13.

2 comments:

  1. I so wish you could have been there too, Chelsea! It was such a beautiful celebration of our sweet Martha's life, and I know how much Theta meant to her. Even though I am not a part of the sisterhood, it meant so much to hear the words of 1 Corinthians and imagine Marth saying them once again. Sending you lots of love- it will be a tough time, but she is rejoicing in Heaven, and for that I am so thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryann, you are so kind and have (always had!) such a way with words. You may not have been her Theta sister, but but you were her sister in an even more important sense: her sister in Christ. I've been keeping all of the Wofford community in my thoughts and prayers, but especially her family and closest friends, like you, Lea, Lauren, Megan, David, Bailey, Katherine... The list goes on, because Martha truly was the embodiment of a loving friend to everyone. So much love to you, and thank you for reminding me that she is so much happier There than she ever was at Wofford, DeSoto, or anywhere, for that matter!

    ReplyDelete