Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cue the Waterworks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnG3MKos87A

I have to give a shout-out to my uncle for posting this video on Facebook yesterday. This video takes Katy Perry's song "Roar" to a whole. new. level.

At the risk of sounding like an overly-emotional baby, I have to say this video made me cry. Although several comments I read on Youtube declared the video was "so sad :(" I'd have to disagree. My tears were not tears of sadness; they were tears of awe, admiration, and gratefulness.

The spirit the kids show in this video is incredible. The song's lyrics are already so plucky and optimistic, so to watch kids perform this with their super-awesome nurses and doctors was just the coolest thing. That video was more inspirational and encouraging than anything I've seen in a long time. If kids with serious illnesses living in a hospital can show that kind of joy, I can too.

Seeing this video pulled at my heartstrings for other reasons, too. Although I've never felt like being a healthcare professional, I've definitely thought about how I could spread cheer in hospitals, and this video rekindled that urge. How cool would it be to tutor or teach in pediatric wings?! I don't know, just a thought... A girl can dream!

31 days of girl growing up

No comments:

Post a Comment