Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Why didn't I think of that?!"

Yesterday, when I was browsing Living Social (dreaming of vay-cays I cannot afford time or money-wise), I saw these two items:
How great is this eye stencil? It has great reviews from people like me who need help applying eye makeup! 
How great is this Beth Bender eye stencil? It has great reviews from people like me who need help applying eye makeup!

This probably seems really silly, but I remember the days in middle school when kids would write on their hands with pen, trying to remember to get their parents to sign their agendas. To be honest, I was always too OCD to write on my hands (I wrote on the back of my wrist to be discreet), but these scribble bracelets would be perfect for last minute messages! 
This probably seems really silly, but I remember the days in middle school when kids would write on their hands with pen, trying to remember to get their parents to sign their agendas. To be honest, I was always too OCD to write on my hands (I wrote on the back of my wrist to be discreet), but these scribble bracelets would be perfect for last minute messages! I think they'd also be helpful to put Mom or Dad's phone number on when in amusement parks, in case the kids got lost!

Seeing these two items triggered a "Why didn't I think of that?!" moment. How many slap-your-forehead-with-the-palm-of-your-hand, "Duh!" moments have you experienced? I've had a good number of those, and normally, it's because someone took something so simple and made it so useful, and therefore, popular.

Some "Why didn't I think of that?!"s are adorable, and I understand their appeal. Like, why didn't I think of Build-a-Bear? You literally pick out a teddy bear, fill it with fluff, kiss a little plush heart, spin around, make a wish, stuff the heart in your bear, and pick out $30 worth of clothes to accessorize said bear.

I loved this place as a child... I'd be lying if I told you my Build-a-Bear and I didn't have matching Limited Too tank tops.... 
I loved this place as a child... I'd be lying if I told you my Build-a-Bear and I didn't have matching Limited Too tank tops....

Some "Why didn't I think of that?!"s are stupid, and I wouldn't have guessed in a million years they would have caught on. Example: the Snuggie. Like, how is that a thing? I mean, sure I would like a blanket with arms, but isn't that just a cheap robe worn backwards?

My all-time fave Snuggie commercial picture... Mom is shamelessly raising the roof in her Snuggie while holding a coffee mug... Priceless.  
My all-time fave Snuggie commercial picture... Mom is shamelessly raising the roof in her Snuggie while holding a coffee mug... Priceless...

If you're starting to pity me and think "Poor Chelsea... She's losther mind, if this is what her blog content has come to...", fret not. Only two more days of blogging every day, which is pretty hard for me to do with high quality content when I've got other stuff going on... Hope everyone's having a happy Hallo-week so far!

31 days of girl growing up

No comments:

Post a Comment