Friday, October 25, 2013

Five on Friday: Hey Pumpkin!

Happy Friday, y'all! Courtesy of Christina of Carolina Charm, Darci of The Good Life, April of A. Liz Adventures, and Natasha of Hello! Happiness.

Happy Friday, y'all! Courtesy of Christina of Carolina Charm, Darci of The Good Life, April of A. Liz Adventures, and Natasha of Hello! Happiness

Guys, on one hand, I'm running low on steam when it comes to this whole daily blogging thing, but on the other hand, I'm like, How is October almost over already?! Seriously, doesn't it feel like the month just started?

I thought this picture Natasha of Hello! Happiness posted summed my feelings about October pretty well:

october

Since today's the last Friday of the month, I figured I'd use my last October Five on Friday to share my favorite ideas for decorating pumpkins...

1. Pumpkins with paint. 

stencil pumpkin 
Want an intricate, delicate look to your pumpkin? Just use a doily stencil! Just another "Duh! Why didn't I think of that?!" Pinterest moment.


chalk paint pumpkin 
Aren't these chalk paint pumpkins gorgeous?!

2. Pumpkins with glue. 

epsom pumpkin 
Cover a pumpkin with glue and epsom salt for a sparkle that looks more classic than glitter.

sequin pumpkin
Sequins. Need I say more?

3. Pumpkins with Carvings. 

hammer cutter 
Using cookie cutters and mallets to get intricate designs in the pumpkins is a genius idea for people lacking hand-eye coordination, like yours truly.

carved coast 
Don't you just love these coastal carvings?

4. Pumpkins with purpose.

pumpkin toss
What a cute way to put pumpkins to use- in a pumpkin toss, perfect for Halloween parties!

5. Pumpkins with tacks. 
These pumpkins are tacky in the best way possible!  
These pumpkins are tacky in the best way possible!



31 days of girl growing up 

No comments:

Post a Comment