Thursday, April 25, 2013

Let's Play Catch-up!

The past couple weeks have been filled with writing papers, creating presentations, and taking tests. Thankfully, I only have three exams next week: one on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoon (booo!). While I could complain (and, fine, I'll admit it, I have once or twice, and that "booo!" wasn't too positive) about how much I hate taking exams later in the afternoon (I love getting it knocked out in the morning and avoiding that feeling of dread all day), I am too excited to do that! I can't believe this semester is almost over! Summer is quickly approaching!
Thankfully, this semester isn't ending with a whirlwind of work; it's going out with a bang of fun too! Tonight John and I are going to a Passion concert that is coming to Clemson, and Saturday we are going to march for babies in Spartanburg's March of Dimes walk!
The March of Dimes is an organization that is very near and dear to my heart and my family's heart. My aunt Christie, my mom's youngest sister, and my uncle Jeff have three precious kids (seriously, if you haven't figured it out by now, I adore my cousins), but they didn't have these children effortlessly. I mean, duh, no children are really born effortlessly, but my aunt and uncle suffered through heartbreaking times that I cannot fathom. If you're interested in reading their story (which you should be, because it is truly awesome), please click here! You can even donate to their cause, which is helping raise money for premature babies. If you're curious about how this money is exactly helping these babies, click here! It's a really neat link where you can scroll over parts of a cute little baby and it will show how March of Dimes money has helped raise money for research!
xSpeaking of those darling cousins of mine, I attended two of their birthday parties a couple weekends ago! Jamison (turning 6.... I cannot believe it) and Emily (turning 3) shared a birthday party, with a joint theme of Angry Birds and Tangled/Brave. These may not seem like obvious partners, but my aunt made it work! It was such a blast to hang out with my family, and John came along for the fun! This made it even more enjoyable, because I didn't have to worry about taking videos on my phone of my cousins just being themselves so that I could show them to him later (and I think maybe John appreciated that too... for some reason, he would rather see stuff in person than on a phone shoved in his face... hmm!).
[caption id="attachment_675" align="aligncenter" width="300"]One of my aunts and her family was on the ball, because I got an early birthday present too! Emily and I both got the gorgeous Belk commemorative Barbie doll! Emily didn't like the idea of keeping it in the box... She conned her daddy into helping her open it when Mommy wasn't home ;) One of my aunts and her family was on the ball, because I got an early birthday present too! Emily and I both got the gorgeous Belk commemorative Barbie doll! Emily didn't like the idea of keeping it in the box... She conned her daddy into helping her open it when Mommy wasn't home ;)[/caption]
As long as I'm already rambling about fun stuff, I might as well keep the ball rolling (it's okay if you want to stop reading here, I know I'm feeling chatty today)!
[caption id="attachment_684" align="aligncenter" width="300"]IMG_0142 (1) If you think I'm chatty on my blog, you should see me in real life... Kinda hard to even find pictures to put on the blog when my mouth is CONSTANTLY open talking! (Or breathing. I'm a super cool mouth-breather.)[/caption]
The next weekend was just as much fun: John and I attended the Blockhouse Horse Race in Tryon, North Carolina with our parents. John's family has made a tradition of the horserace for the past, well, forever, and they were kind enough to invite our family along! While I didn't take any pictures this year, I think my paparazzi-wanna-be mom and John and his fancy camera took care of that.  Hopefully I'll have a few pictures to show later, but for now, here's a reminiscing shot of last year's race, my first event with John's family! 
blockhouse 
Long hair Chelsea!

After the Blockhouse, John and I met up with my wonderful best friend Kara to celebrate at our friend Rachel's birthday party! Rachel was voted "Best All Around" in our high school, and I am almost positive I voted for her for that superlative, because she is fabulous and kind and cooler than I could ever wish to be.

Kara and me cheesin' it up 
Kara and me cheesin' it up!

Again, super fun weekend, and here's to another one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment