Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's Easy as ABC!



Three weeks ago John and I celebrated our one year anniversary. John is amazing and thoughtful, which is why I got flowers at my door and had a wonderful weekend in Savannah. However, I am not gainfully employed, and I won't be until this summer (I'm nannying twin fourth grade girls- yay!), so I needed to find a way to show John how special he is to me without breaking the bank. Cue "The ABC's of Us" book!
ABC pic monkey

If you want to show a loved one you really care about them, this book is an excellent way to do just that! I spent hours combing through pictures, brainstorming ideas for each letter, and thoughtfully putting each page together.

All I needed to do this project?

- 27 pieces of cardstock 
- Sharpie pen (the actual pen kind; they are awesome and don't bleed!)
- alphabet letter cut-outs (I think mine were post-its; I got them from Michaels)
- stickers (thank goodness my mom is a teacher and has a ton of miscellaneous stickers at home; I only had to buy a few sets that were on sale at Target)
- a hole punch (at the end, you obviously bind the pages together, so give an inch or two on the left side, or top depending on where you bind it, so that the pictures and words don't get cut off)
- ribbon to bind the whole thing at the end

John really loved it, and I enjoyed putting it together. It was fun to look back on lots of memories! Any other creative present ideas?

Song of the blog: "ABC" by the Jackson 5
Lyrics of the song: "A-B-C, it's easy as 1-2-3, as simple as do-re-mi, A-B-C, 1-2-3 baby you and me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment