Friday, April 5, 2013

Have you ever...?

Have you ever committed to something and then wished you hadn't?

My answer to that is yes.

Have you ever ran 6.2 miles straight?

My answer to that is no.

Hopefully tomorrow at this time, thanks to my answer to that first question, I'll be able to say "yes!" to my second question! That's right; I'm running the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston, SC tomorrow! John and I decided that training together would be fun, but then, school happened. Getting sick and missing a run happened. The next run got rained out, and well, that was that. Sadly, putting off training doesn't postpone the race. It's still on. Tomorrow.

Image 
Do you think if I wave my Hermione-wand I could make this race go away? Didn't think so.... Thanks for nothing, Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
So this afternoon, John and I are packing up and heading to Charleston! After the race, we're celebrating our one year, and since we'll already be in Charleston.... we're heading to Savannah, GA! Yeah, probably not what you were expecting, but that's us... Here's the rationale: only-okay hotels in Charleston are super expensive this weekend since 40,000 people run in the race, and everyone needs place to stay. John figured that instead of spend a ton of money on mediocrity, why not spend it on something better?! We're staying at the Westin in Savannah, and I'm excited because I've never been to the beautiful southern city of Savannah before! John remembered me mentioning in conversation how much I wanted to go, so he surprised me. Yeah, yeah, he's a keeper. 
Wish me luck tomorrow... I have a feeling I'm going to need it! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Song of the blog: "I Love it" by Icona Pop
Lyrics of the song: "I don't care; I love it! I don't care!" Super catchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment