Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I'm Lovin' It

Here are a few things I've been loving lately:

Image
Dannon Light 'N' Fit Greek Yogurt
Okay, so I was crazy skeptical of Greek yogurt before I tried this stuff. I had a sample of some Chobani at Costco, and my mom and I had a horrible taste in our mouth (until the next sample... we love Costco!). A few years after that scarring experience, about a month ago, while giving myself a pep-talk to buy some yogurt at the grocery store, I stumbled upon this stuff. I liked Light 'n' Fit yogurt because it was pretty low-cal, but when I saw their Greek yogurt was just 80 calories and 12 grams of protein, I thought "What the heck, why not try it?" I am so glad I did. It sat in the fridge for about a week, but I finally bit the bullet, and it was love at first bite! Yummy, creamy, filling, and the fruit didn't taste too chunky or fake at  all! I recommend anyone go out and buy this! I will say that I prefer the strawberry; I'm not as big of a fan of the blueberry flavor.

Image
Captivating by John and Stasi EldgredgeI've only read the first couple chapters of this book, but it has me hooked! I've been pretty busy, and in my down time, I haven't picked it up, but I plan to soon! It's a book that explores the woman's heart. If you've ever felt unseen, unsought, or uncertain, this book is for you (and if you haven't felt any of those things, please tell the rest of us your secrets!).


Image
Autism Awareness DayAs a future teacher, I think it's so important to accept all children with open arms and an open heart! Because autism diagnoses has increased ten-fold in the last forty years, people have preconceived notions about it. I'm not an expert, by any means, so head on over to autismspeaks.org to gain some real insight about the disorder!  It's definitely worth our attention, because more children are diagnosed with autism each year than with juvenile diabetes, AIDS or cancer, combined.


ImageApril Fools!
So my aunt and uncle are the coolest. My 8 and 5 year old cousins' spring break is this week, and they excitedly got up Monday morning, ready to play all day at Grandma and Grandpas' house! My Aunt Christie got a mysterious call "from the school" (aka my Uncle Jeff), saying spring break was canceled. The boys freaked, as any child in their right mind would, and my aunt and uncle successfully pulled off the best April Fools prank ever!

Image
Bic BandsOkay, so I'm kind of loving these from afar since I don't have any yet, but I love the idea of a stay-put headband for running, working out, or just one of those "go, go, go!" days. These Bic Bands will probably make my birthday wish-list, because not only are they functional, but they come in so many fun colors and patterns! I am a sucker for glitter (tasteful glitter, of course) and festivities, so I especially like the glittery and holiday-themed head bands! I would be crazy not to give a shout-out to the lovely Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers for introducing me to these beauties!

Song of the blog: "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake
Lyrics of the song: "Cause I don't wanna lose you now; I'm lookin' right at the other half of me" (Have y'all seen the little promo commercial for Justin's new album with the backup singers getting surprised by Justin?! I love it! He seems so cool!)

No comments:

Post a Comment