Wednesday, June 25, 2014

New Shoes are the Best.

As you can see from my post title, I'm obviously in a super-creative mood tonight... Just kidding. This post is indeed about new shoes. 

Alright, now I'm going to warn you: I already started my Five on Friday post before writing this one (I mean, am I on top of things, or what?!), and it's kind-of, sort-of about shoes... Oops. If you're new to my blog and kind of confused (because my blog title doesn't really allude to a shoe obsession),  you're not alone. I'm a little bit puzzled too, because I'm no Carrie Bradshaw, but I'm just gonna roll with it. 

Now back to the post! This week I got not one, but two new pairs of shoes! Score! Technically I received my first pair on my birthday over a month ago... Except when John ordered them the first time, they sent him one black boot (what I wanted) and one navy boot (which wasn't exactly what I'd asked for). Now I'm finally the owner of some Hunter boots! 
Here is one in all its matte black beauty... Thankfully, I now have two of these! In the same color! Woop woop! 

I was super excited about these lovely wellies, and then it was like the shoe fairy saw my excitement and was like, "Oh that's nothing! Haven't you been wanting some Chacos?! Well here's a pair on your doorstep! Ba-bam!" (Sadly, that's not what happened. I used a gift card from John's parents and added some of my own money and then gave it to Nordstrom and ordered shoes and they showed up at my house... But how great would a shoe fairy be?! That'd be way cooler than a tooth fairy.)  
My Snapchat from this afternoon says it all. 

I was conflicted about Chacos; I didn't want to feel like a wannabe. I'm far from earthy and cool and hip. I'm not a serious outdoors(wo)man. I'm also not a girl who wears a Kavu backpack and knows every single person who walks into FCA every week (that is not even close to a diss- just a generalization based on my time at Clemson). Therefore I do not fit into any of the typical Chacos-wearing categories. However, I dig that they're comfy and sporty and perfect for when I want sensible shoes in summer. As much as I love my running shoes, they are pretty miserable to wear all day walking around Carowinds with the girls I nanny. I need shoes that will "let my feet breath a little" and also be exposed to sunlight so I don't have a farmer's tan on my feet (although I do not plan on getting Chacos strap tan lines, either!). 

So what do y'all think: are Chacos and Hunters good additions to my closet? 


The Hump Day Blog Hop

 photo blogsigpng_zpscb1d9054.png

10 comments:

  1. Good luck on avoiding a chacos tan! No matter how I tried to do the same, I've definitely got a little criss cross action going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hunters! I have the pink ones... totally in the kids size, because well I have small feet and who wants to pay more for the same boots??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny that you got two different colors! I would have told them to send the matches to each so you would have a black and a navy pair :) I've heard great things about chacos but all the people I know that have them wind up with that groovy tan line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want both of the shoes you got! I want some Hunters so bad! And I cant decide if I love or hate Chacos!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad you got a pair of Hunters...I know you've been wanting them for quite some time! And it's cracking me up you got Chacos ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha PLEASE don't judge too hard on the Chacos... I see them as a good, practical investment, but still... Who am I?! :) I'll definitely be looking at some of your wintery pics for inspiration on styling my Hunters!

      Delete
  6. I'm so jealous, I want a pair of Hunters so badly. However, I agree that each shoe should probably be the same color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some Chacos and I'm almost positive I'm the farthest thing from granola
    but they are perfect for running around in a pair of norts as opposed to flip flops :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. how to pack shoes for moving Here we provide reviews for all best shoe products - including best shoes for women and men - Also provide detailed buyer guide of best shoe products

    ReplyDelete