Sautéed* Mushroom and Cheese Ravioli
- 1 (25-oz.) package frozen cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- *Don't let the word "sautéed" fool you! It isn't hard; it's just a fancy way of saying you chopping something up before stirring it around in a pan with some oil.
- 1. Cook ravioli according to package directions in a Dutch oven (or a normal large pan, AKA what John did); drain and keep warm. Wipe Dutch oven clean.2. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter with oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. 3. Reduce heat to low, and stir in ravioli and remaining 1 Tbsp. butter, stirring until butter is melted.4. Add parsley, and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve immediately.
- Voila! It's that simple. When you're done, it will look something like this: