Monday, May 13, 2013

Dear Everyone, I'm Sorry.

Today's topic doesn't sound like much fun to me:  issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be. Hmm...
As I sat and scratched my head while trying to think of specific things I should really apologize for, I was at a loss... And then it hit me. That's exactly what I need to apologize for! My no good, hard-headed stubbornness. When I was younger, I thought I was always right (I think I get that from my daddy- thanks Dad!). I was a total know-it-all- the one thing I didn't know was how annoying it was! I say "when I was younger," but truth be told, I still like having the last word and "winning" debates. However, as I've gotten older, I've realized that it doesn't feel so great "winning," and normally, no matter who "wins," both people feel like they've lost.
Image 
"Wait, come here! Let me tell you how right I am!"

For example, there are certain things John and I can't talk about, because he has the same stubborn qualities that I have (except believe it or not, he might be even more tenacious!). As much as I like debating with people, when it's with people I care about and that care about me, it gets tricky. When you care about someone, you want them to see things your way, because you think that's the right way, the better way, to see things! You are doing it for their sake. Too bad other people have their own beliefs....Psh, what's that about?! ;)

Image 
"No, John, seriously...."

So, in summation, here it is, my public apology to the world: I'm sorry for all the times I've been the devil's advocate, frustrated you with my sassy opinionated self, or accidentally one-upped you (gosh, I'm so annoying sometimes, really!).

Yikes... Saying all of that makes me wonder why I still have friends! Thankfully, I do, and they're making my summer pretty fantastic so far! Today was another pool day (and Ben's birthday! Woohoo!) and it was glorious weather for that! Too bad I forgot to put on sunscreen... I'm lookin' a little lobster-y! Oops! It'll fade to a tan, right? Right?? That's what I'm tellin' myself!

Song of the blog: "Get Your Shine On" by Florida-Georgia Line (I'm not even a huge fan of this song, but it is so stuck in my head, I can't ignore it!)
Lyrics of the song: "Baby get your shine on, you and me rockin' all night long..."

No comments:

Post a Comment