Friday, June 7, 2013

Today is Your Day!

You're off to great places, you're off and away!

Today my little brother is graduating from high school, and in a couple months, he'll be joining me at Clemson!


His first time trying on a graduation hat- his Aunt Christie's mortarboard! 
His first time trying on a graduation hat- his Aunt Christie's mortarboard!

I never thought we would end up at the same school (mainly because I never thought I'd end up at Clemson- Corey's always been a Tiger!), but I am so glad I will get to watch Corey grow up even more in "God's Country". He is funny, smart, has such a good head on his shoulders, and even though we may still have our moments where we act like ten and thirteen year olds about to claw each other's eyes out, I love him and couldn't be more proud of him!

One of our favorite parts about Jana's graduation? Trying on other peoples' graduation garb, of course!  
One of our favorite parts about Jana's graduation? Trying on other peoples' graduation garb, of course!

It has been so special having my cousin Jana and her awesome family here the past couple days, helping prepare for the weekend and just hanging out with precious little Charlotte! It's especially meaningful because we were there for Jana's graduation weekend, she was here for mine, and now, it's Corey's turn! The end of an era...

Just hangin' with (and on, apparently) two of my favorite people after my graduation ceremony 
Just hangin' with (and on, apparently) two of my favorite people after my graduation ceremony. (Apparently we got over our mortarboard obsession...)

Since it would be too easy for me to get sappy on here, I'm going to stop, especially since I want Corey to read this post and not get annoyed with my writing techniques, which he usually deems cheesy. Time to start this weekend of family, friends, and most importantly, good food. (Just kidding, that's not what's important... I'm still pretty stoked about the chowin' down part of it, though!) To end this sentimental post, here's a picture I've saved for the occasion....

John has waaaay too much fun at Target sometimes...  
John has waaaay too much fun at Target sometimes... Congrats, 2013 Grads!

Song of the blog: that cheesy Vitamin C song "Friends Forever" (sorry, I had to)
Lyrics of the song: "As we go on, we remember, all the times we had together. As our lives change, come whatever, we will still be, friends forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment