I really wanted to do "5 on Friday", the cute blogging linkup courtesy of Christina of Carolina Charm, Darci of The Good Life, April of A. Liz Adventures, and Natasha of Hello! Happiness, but yesterday was busy, and blogging didn't make the cut!
I had an early start so I could go to the gym before work (John thinks it's funny to hear me say I'm going to "work" when I'm going to nanny, but hey, it is a 48-50 hour per week, full-time job!). I knew that after a long day crafting and going to the pool (life is super rough), I had to quickly get ready for a double date with my best friend from kindergarten (!) and her boyfriend, who just so happened to recently graduate from Clemson as an electrical engineer (John's major). We all hit it off, and it was a fun night! By the time I got home, it was past midnight, hence the no Friday Five. However, no one said anything about a Five on Saturday being illegal, so here they are; five things I'm lovin':
1. My new Y membership. When I was in high school, the YMCA was one of my most-frequently-visited places (along with school and Costco, where I actually went with my mom this morning... we love that place). I didn't enjoy my monotonous workouts on the elliptical there, but whenever I went to a cycling or Zumba class, I enjoyed myself. Thankfully, after a few years away from the gym, I've gotten back into working out, but this time, I make sure I enjoy and get the most out of every workout, not just one every now and then. I even inspired John to join his family's plan, so we took a cycling class together this week! As sweaty as our intense spin class was, I'm not sure if it worked me as hard as this treadmill workout I did on Monday:
2. My kick-butt summer job. There is nothing that I can imagine loving more than nannying two sweet, innocent, fairy-believing 10 year old girls. The family I work for is a genuinely good family, and it's exciting to know I have the opportunity to make a little impact on their lives this summer!
One of the perks of the job? Sweet arm candy like this Clemson-themed friendship bracelet from Kennedy :)
3. This hilarious video, "It's Not About The Nail". My uncle showed my dad, who showed me this video, and it's something that both males and females can related to- so funny!
4. S'mores season. The past two nights, once I've gotten home, I've poured myself a glass of milk and treated myself to a Poptart. If you're thinking "Ew, Chelsea, I thought you were better than that!" then shame on you because I wanted to silence my sweet tooth and that was the only thing we had at my house! I'll admit, though, I would like to think I'm normally "above" Poptarts, too, which is probably why I told myself eating half a pack (the actual serving size... tricky, deceiving nutritional info!) was totally justifiable. Really, the only Poptarts that are actually worth the calories and crap they jam in the paper thin pastries are the Brown Sugar Cinnamon ones (toasted, naturally) or the strawberry ones with frosting and sprinkles. However, I digress. I say all of this not only because confessing it makes me feel better, but also because the Poptart pack I had was neither Brown Sugar Cinnamon or Strawberry; it was S'mores.
The engineered, faux-gooiness of the Poptart left me longing for the real deal. I can't wait to have my first S'more this summer, whenever or wherever that may be! Heck, I'll settle for any of these delicious looking S'mores inspired goodies I saw on Pinterest (just click the picture if you're as tempted to make these recipes as I am):
Does a finger (or entire hand) count as something appropriate to dip in this delicious looking S'mores dip?
S'more krispies.... Or technically Golden Grahams, but hey, no matter what you call these suckers, they're still genius.
Oh. My. Gosh. That is all.
5. I get to see my cousins tonight!!!!!!!!!! I should let you all know that I don't normally abuse exclamation marks in my writing, but since this is an informal blog, I thought approximately 10 obnoxious !'s would do a good job conveying how excited I am. I've been wanting to babysit my three adorable little cousins for a while now, and my aunt and uncle have a work party tonight, so you know what that means- John and I get to do the honors! I am beyond excited, and obviously we are going a tad bit early since I want to soak up as much time with these crazy, lively, charismatic, funny, sweet, smart, and overall just precious kids as I possibly can!
I "mustache" you a question: are there any boys cuter than these?! The answer is no way!
Since I've got places to be, I'll leave you all drooling at those S'mores pics. Happy Saturday!