Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Busy Bee!

In approximately 24 hours, I will be on my way to pick up my role model, cousin, and dear friend Jana at the airport. I am positively giddy with excitement; I've been waiting to see her, her husband Brian, and their precious baby girl Charlotte since I last saw them, in December! They're visiting for Corey's graduation, and they're not the only ones! My dad's brother Jim, his wife Sue, and their son Andy (my wonderful uncle, aunt, and cousin, who happen to be Jana's immediate family) are also coming down to celebrate the special weekend! To top it all off, lots of family from Spartanburg are coming for Corey's party the day after graduation, too! 
Since I'm lazy and can't find the SD card with my graduation pictures on it, here's one I stole from Facebook! With my best friends from high school, right after our graduation... My how time flies!  
Since I'm lazy and can't find the SD card with my graduation pictures on it, here's one I stole from Facebook! With my best friends from high school, right after our graduation... My how time flies!

Because my mom is a hostess with the most-est, she wants to make sure things are in tip-top shape at our house to welcome our guests! Although my mom is super-woman and could probably do everything herself, there's no reason she has to when she has a perfectly capable daughter at home! I don't start work until next Monday, so I've stepped up to the plate to help, just in little ways, like vacuuming, making grocery lists, and pricing sweet tea for the party (my biggest thing so far: probably scrubbing the tile floor and bathtub Cinderella style... I was tired and that was just one room- how did Cindy and Little Orphan Annie do it?!). However, a few little things combined with writing papers and taking tests for my two summer classes have added up, and I've been busy...
Especially since I've been training so that I wouldn't die when John and I ran an 8k last Friday! This wasn't just any 8k, though...

Image 
Stylin' and profilin'...
Side note: no, I did not wear those toasty leg-warmers during the race, and yes, I did buy them at Abercrombie and Fitch in middle school. Cool, I know.

It was the '80s 8k I mentioned earlier! The attire wasn't the only thing in the '80s at that run; the temperature was around 85 when we started! IT was a sweaty good time, and I think it happened... I was bit by the running bug! I am officially hooked! I remember when John and I started running in the winter, he had to cheer me on. At this race, I was the one encouraging him! I couldn't believe it.... Not only did I end the race feeling great, but I also averaged under a 9 minute mile the whole time, which was almost five miles! I know that's not super or anything, but it certainly is for this girl! Now I'm looking into half marathons... Yikes! We'll see how long my runner's high lasts ;)

Song of the blog: Pick any song from this list, and the most motivational lyrics in that song are to you, from me. Boom: 100 Best Workout Songs From the '80s.

1 comment: