Friday, February 21, 2014

Five On Friday: Valentines Aftershock

I have come to terms with something, friends. I am officially labeling myself as a victim of PVDFD: Post Valentine's Day Fat Disorder. 
Most people talk about holiday weight around Christmas time, but my holiday weight gain happens a couple months late. The past week has been a whirlwind of pink sprinkles and buttercream frosting, and now I'm paying for it.  I have a tendency to become a little overdramatic when it comes to stuff like this (I've been known to say I can feel my double-chin growing), so if you're not into reading my rant, I get it. However, if you like to know you're not the only one who is suffering from this (self-inflicted) woe, read on. 
Here's how I gained three pounds this week....

Exhibit A:
Lindt's Lindor Truffles.

I feel the need to cue the heavenly sound of cherubs singing whenever I see (or eat) these chocolates. Since John's original goodies (Exhibit C) didn't make it in time for the real day thanks to the snow, he picked up a big box of my favorite chocolates in the world. And y'all, I don't mess around with chocolate. I know my stuff. These are better than any other chocolate ever. 

Exhibit B: 
Delicious homemade cookies from my mom.

How precious are these cookies?! My mom is the cutest and made a plate of these for Corey (brother), Morgan (brother's girlfriend), Adam (cousin), John (world's best boyfriend), and me. They really did look like giant candy hearts, but the taste was a million times better!

Exhibit C: 

 Delivered cookies from Cheryl's

John decided to mix things up and get cookies sent instead of flowers this year, so I'm not sure if he really loves me, or really hates me.... Flowers die, but peanut butter and chocolate buttercream stay on your hips forever. ;) Even though they didn't arrive on time, I was impressed with how cute and yummy they were! The individual packaging made them perfect for sharing, too! 

Exhibit D:

Funfetti cupcakes with even more fun frosting.

While I was snowed in last week, I whipped up some Funfetti cupcakes and decorated them with some cream cheese frosting with my Valentine in mind, but sadly, John never got his hands on any of these! I gave some to my running buddies last weekend, and thank goodness I did, because the rest sat in my house getting stale all week! (Okay, okay, I ate a couple...)
Exhibit E:
How I'm getting rid of it: Blogilates Fit Journal. 
I've been meaning to do a post on this for a while, and I still will, but for now, let me just tell you: I'm so over diets, guys. I mean it. I've tried and failed at a million and one, and I don't plan on trying another quick fix ever again. It's just not worth it to me. I purchased this journal because it doesn't tell you what you can and can't eat. It gives me a place to write everything down, and it comes with a 12 week meal plan I can modify and use as a guide, which I need. I love that the focus for this isn't losing weight; it's getting fit. Although I am joking around, complaining about the three pounds I gained, the small increase in the number on the scale doesn't bother me, and it certainly doesn't define me. However, I know that those three pounds were gained almost effortlessly (unless you count the effort it took to unwrap a truffle or cookie!), and I don't want to go back to a place of self-loathing just because I didn't make choices that were conducive to a healthy lifestyle. 
Have I lost all my readers at this point, or are you okay with me spilling my guts and ranting every now and then? I'd like to think I'm not the only gal who gains a little weight during Valentine's Day! Hope y'all have a happy (and healthy!) weekend!
Go check out April, Christina, Natasha, and Darci
 photo blogsigpng_zpscb1d9054.png

10 comments:

  1. Hi!! Found you from the link up!

    I must say, all those desserts look fantastic. I would run an extra couple miles to eat them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take one of each please! These look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping my from the Friday Five! And let me tell you -- I had two snow days plus a Valentine's weekend, and that did not work out well. At all. trying to get back on the grind with healthy eating and time at the gym!
    Happy Friday!
    xo A Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg stop. All of that looks amaze. But, don't sweat the weight gain it will come off super easy once you ditch all the Valentines treats!

    Happy Weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way! Between Valentine's day and snow days I have eaten so much pasta and chocolate and it has to stop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hershey Kisses did me in.. going to the gym did me no good when I came home and ate 10-15 of those bad boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the sruggle too man! especially when the chocolate is on sale after Valentines Day! I am sure you will get those 3 pounds off ass\ soon as your diet returns to normal!!!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    http://thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha this post made me laugh out loud! Same here with our Girl Scout cookies! The cupcakes look delicious!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely gained a little extra pudge from valentine's day. I just can't help myself when there are all of these beautiful cupcakes and chocolates to be eaten in the name of love :)

    ReplyDelete