Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Myspace Generation

If you still remember Paris Hilton's catchphrase ("that's hot"), talked to your buddies on AIM, and were convinced that the Jonas Brothers were going to be cool forever (ugh, "Burning Up" is still on my running playlist) you probably had a MySpace page before Facebook became popular. Now you easily could have a MySpace page without any of those things, but those are just a few of my memories from middle school... Yikes. They were the best of times, they were the worst of times... Anywho, MySpace. So if you had a MySpace page, you'll remember those cheesy surveys that you'd post. People still do 'em on Facebook, and I came across this ABC survey on a cute blog. I knew I had to do it, just for old times sake, so without further ado, here's my survey that I totally get if you don't read!

A. Age: 21
My 21st with my birthday friend Ben! My 21st with my birthday friend Ben!

B. Bed size: Full- the only time I slept in a twin bed after the age of 2 was when I went to college.

C. Chore you dislike: Hmm doesn’t the word “chore” just imply dislike? If I had to pick one, probably hand washing dishes- I cannot even express how happy I am that my apartment in Clemson this year will have a dishwasher! Last year was a long one washing my roomies’ and my dishes…

Wanna see my roomie for next year?? He's on the far right- not sure if my cousin Adam can handle my silliness :)  
Wanna see my roomie for next year?? He's on the far right- not sure if my cousin Adam can handle my silliness :)

D. Dogs: Bess, Bessie, or as I fondly call her Bessie Lou Lou, or my dad’s favorite, Bess the Wonderdog

[Bess with her favorite human and Dad with his favorite child.
Bess with her favorite human and Dad with his favorite child.

E. Essential start to your day:  A few of the obvious are contacts so I’m not blind as a bat, and brushed teeth, but my quirky (or maybe not, you tell me) essential is a made bed. That is a must.

F. Favorite color:  Pink.

Nothing could be better than pink in Paris!  
Nothing could be better than pink in Paris!

G. Gold or silver: Usually silver. As I’m getting older, I’m diggin’ gold more (heh, no pun intended…), especially now that I have one of my mom’s old wedding rings! My dad got her beautiful new bands for her special birthday!
Ignore my pale face (victimized by the flash, while John looks amazing), ignore the martinis (yes, that is John's key lime pie beverage... oh boy), and focus on the simple beauty of one of my mom's old wedding bands!  
Ignore my pale face (victimized by the flash, while John looks amazing), ignore the martinis (yes, that is John's key lime pie beverage... oh boy), and focus on the simple beauty of one of my mom's old wedding bands!

H. Height:  5’ 4”

I. Instruments you play(ed):  My parents forced me into taking piano lessons, because “someday I’d wish that I could play piano”.  Sometimes, when I hear a song that sounds beautiful with the accompaniment, I think they may be right, but then I remember that would have involved practicing… No thanks!

J. Job title:  Summer nanny and student- I’m almost done with my two online classes! Woohoo!

K. Kids: Since my own kids are not even close to being on my radar, I’ll assume this means the girls I’m nannying. I love them dearly, and they’ve made my summer much more exciting! Since their family has been at the beach all week, I’ve been kind of lonely… but also kind of happy because I’ve been able to work out when I please, get a few doctors appointments in, and visit my wonderful grandparents and Aunt Judy! I saw some beautiful pictures of their recent trip to Germany with Adam (future roomie mentioned above), and I played with my precious three little cousins while they were at my grandpa and grandma's house too.

I love my grandparents- one of the things I miss the most about Wofford is hanging out with them on a regular basis!  
I love my grandparents- one of the things I miss the most about Wofford is hanging out with them on a regular basis!

L. Live:  In Fort Mill, South Carolina. Soon to be Clemson again!

M. Mom’s name:  Kathy, and it’s not short for anything!

Mom/Kathy and me before one of my favorite nights of my life- the Taylor Swift Speak Now concert. 
My beautiful Mom/Kathy and me before one of my favorite nights of my life- the Taylor Swift Speak Now concert.

N. Nicknames:  Chels. I adore when people call me that, because I’ve never told anyone to call me that so I know they feel really comfortable with me. There’s also Llama Mama, given fondly by my silly middle school guy friend, coincidentally enough, whose birthday I’m celebrating tonight! Woohoo Sam! (side note: braces plus lisp = hard time)

O. Overnight hospital stays:  Thankfully none!

P. Pet peeves:  Slow walkers blocking entire walkways, J-walkers in dangerous places (aka almost every place to J-walk, especially with kids), general ignorance

Q. Quote from a movie: “And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.” My family and I just had movie night, and Corey introduced us to “A River Runs Through It”, an Academy Award winning film centered on a fly-fishing family. Towards the end, a whole bunch of deep, beautiful, and true quotations were dropped, and I may or may not have shed a few tears…

No wonder Corey likes A River Runs Through It- he's quite the fly-fisher himself!  
No wonder Corey likes A River Runs Through It- he's quite the fly-fisher himself!

R. Righty or lefty:  Righty.

S. Siblings:  Corey, Cowey, Co… I am so excited to have my little brother with me at Clemson next year! Eeek!

T. Time you wake up:  Around 7… I have my later days, but since I have to be up early during the week, it comes a little easier during the weekends too.

U. Underwear:  Yes, those are important.

This funny e-card made me feel better about my sometimes OCD-y need to match my undies to my outfit.... Please don't judge me.   
This funny e-card made me feel better about my sometimes OCD-y need to match my undies to my outfit.... Please don't judge me.

V. Vegetables you dont’ like:  Broccoli, cauliflower, okra, peppers (as much as I convince my self that “this time is the time I’ll like them”)

W. What makes you run late:  If I get cocky and think I’m running early… “Yeah, I have time to check Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram/ online shop” and bam, all of a sudden it’s past time-to-go.

X. X-rays you’ve had:  Hands (from my ice skating fall), butt (from my lofted bed fall), hips (from cheerleading)

Y. Yummy food you make:  Chocolate chip cookies- which I’m about to make right now!
Ugh, they're so good they don't even need an Instagram filter...  
Ugh, they're so good they don't even need an Instagram filter...

Z. Zoo animal favorites:  Giraffes and gorillas never cease to amaze me, what with their height and intelligence.

Next time, I've gotta fill you guys in on the details of my 4th of July Savannah trip! 'Til then, enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment