Sunday, September 28, 2014

When September Ends

Okay, let's address the whole "I haven't blogged in three weeks" thing.... I'm about to take it back to 2005 (oh hey, brace-faced Chelsea!) and ask if y'all remember the Green Day song Wake Me Up When September Ends... I know, super lame, but when I was thinking about how to sum up this whole month, that song title quickly came to mind. I've just been ready for this month to be over. 

Now, I realize this is not a super positive way to welcome you back to my corner of the internet, but it's kind of true! Let me explain.... 

School has been good, but that doesn't mean I haven't been overwhelmed at times. It's been tricky to balance being a student at Clemson half the time and a first grade student-teacher the other half. It's incredibly rewarding, but tricky. 

Since I've just been getting in the swing of things school-wise, my brain is a little tired.  I'll have random urges to write a blog post during the day, but honestly, by the time I get home, the only thing I really want to do is turn on the TV and mindlessly watch Law & Order (my new obsession). 

Yeah... I need to start running again...

I let myself use "I'm too tired" as an excuse for not blogging for a few weeks, but then I realized something: blogging isn't a chore. It's something that brings me much more happiness and fulfillment than an episode of Law & Order ever could! I need to take some advice from Lara Casey and make what matters happen. 

After several tragic deaths of Clemson students in the past month, I've realized just how important it is to do this. To make our lives what God intended for them to be- full. Full of love, full of grace, full of happiness, full of Him.  

I can't say I intended for this post to get so "real" but that's the point of having this blog, isn't it? To show my real self and share it with friends. I'm definitely looking forward to October to begin, but sometimes I need Septembers to appreciate what I have. This past month was a reminder that life can be hard, but it is far too short to spend all of it curled up on my bed watching criminal justice dramas from the '90s. 

Since I'm trying to make the most of my time, you'll be seeing a lot more of my real life here on the blog! I cannot wait to share more of my life with y'all! On a related note, does anyone know of any 12 step programs for Law & Order addicts? ;)  

post signature

4 comments:

  1. If there is a 12 Step Program for SVU addicts, I definitely need to sign up! Glad to see you're back blogging! Love the new theme/background. Super cute :)

    http://thisblondestory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently gotten obsessed with Law and Order too! I watch it every night after I finish blogging. Good luck on getting back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said brace face I instantly thought of the show on ABC Family (I think) from back in the day! Ha glad we can share the same laughs. Hang in there girl!! I totally know what you mean about blogging & posting. It's felt like a chore for me too this month. Love those quotes too- they're on point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    I really like your lovely Blog. Do you want to follow each other via GFC?
    If yes please tell me and i follow you 100% back :)

    Greetings & Kisses from Germany
    www.sophias-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete